1,300 feathers, 100 butterflies, a lot of hot glue, and a million tears later I brought Effie Trinket to A-kon 27.
Things I want to fix
- I want to put a huge zipper all the way up the back of the dress. The Velcro wasn’t as effective as I hoped it would be.
- I want to put more feathers and butterflies on the back of the dress.
- I need to make her hat.
- I want a wig that has more volume and is a little bit longer.
- Find a better adhesive for the butterflies. The hot glue was not doing its job.
Things that were perfect
- The front of the dress
- The shoes were comfortable and the exact style they needed to be
- The gloves – comfortable and perfect
- The make-up, it stayed on all day and looked awesome
- The feathers, not a single one of the 1300 fell off!
Effie Trinket was a lot of fun to walk around in. She had a lot of positive reviews and people were astonished that I hand painted all of the feathers and butterflies on the dress. I think that once I fix the items listed above I will submit her in to a cosplay contest.
10/10 WILL do again.